Snapchat sued after teen dies from fentanyl overdose


Photo: LIONEL BONAVENTURE/AFP/Getty Images

The fentanyl use in the United States it has become a real crisis and some time ago it took the life of a victim, now his parents say that Snapchat played a significant role in his demise.

The family and friends of Zach Plunk They continue to mourn the loss, in 2020, of whom he was prominent Football player from Hamilton High School in Chandler, Arizona.

Zach Plunk’s parents said that died of an accidental fentanyl overdosewhich was allegedly caused, in part, by the Snapchat platform.

Zach Plunk was a star football player at Hamilton High School battling injury. His parents, Wendy and Roy Plunk, say that Zach I was looking for a Percocet to help with the injury and found a drug dealer on Snapchat.

But it wasn’t Percocet. The pill was entirely fentanyl.and Zach passed away immediately in his backyard.

Plunk was found unconscious outside the family home and died before paramedics arrived. Since then, his parents have been involved in raising public awareness about the dangers of fentanyl and the alleged risks of letting teens use Snapchat.

The demand

In the lawsuit, attorneys for Zach Plunk’s family allege that Snapchat is acting as a access platform for drug dealersso they want to hold the company accountable.

The complaint document argues that the snapchat featuressuch as self-destructing texts and expiring posts allow users to traffickers complete transactions without trace, knowing that even law enforcement cannot access certain records.

For its part, in a statement, Snapchat said that it “proactively finds and close the accounts of drug dealerswhile employees “block search results for drug-related terms, instead redirecting Snapchatters to resources from experts on the dangers of drug use.” fentanyl.”

You might also be interested in:

Parents, please talk to your children about the dangers of fentanyl.

They inform and warn parents and students about one of the most lethal drugs of today