Mexico.- Emotional hunger 4 questions you should ask yourself so as not to fall into it under any pretext.
According to experts, many people are overweight and obese due to emotional hunger.
And it is that emotions such as stress, anxiety, sadness or anger, could lead the person to feel an emotional hunger that is difficult to satisfy.
Next, SDPNoticias tells you what you should do to avoid falling into emotional hunger.
What is emotional hunger?
Emotional hunger, described by nutrition experts, is a behavior that is gradually established in people’s brains.
As its name indicates, emotional hunger is related to the effects it causes:
- Low self-esteem
The emotional hunger causes the person to eat compulsively, bordered by some situation that is not able to assimilate.
“The person is becoming a habit to eat without meaning, eating for eating”
AFRICA URBAN, PSYCHOLOGIST AT HM MONTEPRÍNCIPE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL.
At the same rate that the person gains weight, guilt and emotional hunger also increase.
Until it becomes a vicious circle.
Experts recommend asking for professional help to combat emotional hunger, in addition to following a series of questions so as not to fall into it.
4 questions you should ask yourself to avoid falling into emotional hunger
Controlling emotional hunger depends on oneself, so the first step will be to “identify and analyze” what situation causes it.
Then, you can help yourself with these 4 questions so as not to fall into emotional hunger:
- Why am I going to eat? Is it because of hunger, anxiety or boredom?
- Have I had an upset and I don’t want to think about it now? If so, do I have other tools to deal with it?
- I feel alone and don’t know what to do?
- What have I been thinking and feeling before I felt like eating?
“You can become more aware of your own actions and thus avoid the impulsiveness of the moment (…) and treat it responsibly”
GRECIA DE JESÚS, PSYCHOLOGIST AT BLUA SANITAS.
Finally, specialists recommend changing the bad habit of emotional hunger with the help of some routines:
- Drink water before eating to reduce anxiety
- Eat quietly and sit down
- Identify when we are hungry
- Use all the senses when eating
- Keep in mind that the stomach does not have to be completely full to stop eating
- chew well
- Do sport
By Hazel Barrera
(Visited 29 times, 2 visits today)