(CNN Spanish) — The 2022 World Cup in Qatar could not have started in a better way for England: in their debut game this Monday, they thrashed the Iran team 6-2 and left very good feelings with their offensive and fast game.
It took England 35 minutes to open the scoring. From the left wing, Luke Shaw put a cross into the Iranian area that ended in a goal thanks to an accurate header from Jude Bellingham, one of the greatest jewels in English football.
Undoubtedly, an unforgettable moment for Bellingham, because in addition to playing his first game in a World Cup, also scored his first goal for the England senior team in any competition. What a setting to do it.
Due to his young age (barely 19 years old), Bellingham appears as a promise for some, but for many others the midfielder is already a reality: he plays as the undisputed starter for his club, Borussia Dortmund of Germany; The price of him is about 100 million euros, according to the specialized site Transfermarkt; and he is a key piece in the system of Gareth Southgate, the coach of the England team.
This Monday, Bellingham played the entire match against Iran And it seems that, if nothing extraordinary happens, that’s how it will be in the entire World Cup.
World stage 🌟 pic.twitter.com/kXT666oeOg
— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) November 21, 2022
Next, we leave you the most important information about this English footballer so that you can get to know him more thoroughly.
Who is Jude Bellingham?
Full name: Jude Victor William Bellingham
Date of birth: June 29, 2003 (19 years old)
Place of birth: Stourbridge, South West England
Height: 1.86 meters
- Professional debut at club level: 2019 at Birmingham City (England’s second division)
- At Birmingham, he played 44 games, in which he scored four goals and provided two assists.
- In July 2020, he is signed by Borussia Dortmund, his current club
- At Dortmund, Bellingham has already played 112 games, in which he has accumulated 19 goals and 21 assists
- Won the German Cup with Dortmund in the 2020/2021 season
- He completed the entire basic process with the English team: from sub 15 to sub 21
- In the sub 15, his debut was in December 2016, when he was just 13 years old; Meanwhile, in the sub 21, his debut was in September 2020, at the age of 17
- Two months later, in November 2020, Bellingham made his senior team debut.
- Coach Southgate called him up for a friendly match against Ireland played on November 12 of that year.
- In that match, the young footballer entered at minute 73, adding his first 17 minutes in the majors.
- Since then, Jude Bellingham has accumulated 18 appearances in the England senior team, with an assist and a goal on his account (the latter scored this Monday against Iran).
- Bonus fact: Bellingham is the youngest player in the entire England squad in Qatar.