We reject militarization and propose a change in the public security strategy: Senator Damián Zepeda
Mexico.- In a press conference, the senator of the Republic Damián Zepeda Vidales, stressed that the senators of the PAN Parliamentary Group are not going to vote in favor of the reform that seeks to continue the militarization of public security in Mexico.
“It is a strategy that has failed in the past, it fails in the present and there is no way that it will guarantee peace in the future. We propose a change in the public security strategy, to strengthen a national civil body that fights organized crime, and that the state and municipal police be strengthened, ”he emphasized.
In addition, he stressed that the GPPAN is against any modification that continues this opinion or merely transitory changes, "since there is nothing that can be drafted that changes the reality that the Government does not comply with the provisions of the Constitution on a Civil National Guard and the strengthening of local police.
“Sorry, but to believe that if you write another transitory, nothing more because it says instead a report every year, it will be every six months, now, I swear, I swear, you really, really will strengthen the state and municipal police,! please Men! To another with that story, it is really naive to think that it will be fulfilled, ”he explained.
Zepeda Vidales stressed that the opposition is in a position to establish the conditions of the negotiation and achieve something positive for Mexico, so the proposals are:
- Reject the militarization reform bill.
- Open a national debate with the participation of civil society, authorities, experts and other stakeholders, with the aim of achieving a change in the public security strategy to guarantee peace to Mexicans.
- We demand a counter-reform to the recently approved and unconstitutional reform of the law that gave command of the National Guard to the Army, violating the constitutional provision of the civil nature of the institution.
- Approval in the Expenditure Budget, and the corresponding law, of a Fund for the Strengthening of State and Municipal Police.
- Report delivered to the Senate of the Republic, on what has been done to date in the participation of the Armed Forces in security tasks. This, he said, comes in the constitutional reform, but it has not been fulfilled.
- Once the foregoing has been carried out, approve a reform that definitively regulates the extraordinary participation, complementary to the police, subordinated to the civil authority and supervised, of the Armed Forces in public security. The foregoing in the framework of the judgment of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights. With this, the short-term debate on temporary authorization in this matter would be concluded and legal certainty would be given to the assistance in extraordinary cases of the Armed Forces in security.
“We want to guarantee peace to Mexicans forever and, therefore, we are not going to lend ourselves to a wording that is nothing more than giving atole with the finger,” he concluded.
With information from the PAN
(Visited 9 times, 9 visits today)
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- Celebrities10/12/2023Cry for universal rights grows; “It should not be a dead letter”
- 🔥 War10/12/2023Al Sisi opens the polls in Egypt in a presidential election without major rivals | International
- Celebrities10/12/2023They promote new gardens to save water; They urge you to opt for plants for pollinators
- Celebrities10/12/2023Jorge Semprún, 100 years old 2023/12/10