The war in Ukraine claimed the lives of 165 children, one of the most dramatic consequences of a conflict that has the massacre of civilians in Bucha a focus of attention for governmentswho are committed to sanctions and judicial investigation.
The Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office, through its Telegram account, released this Tuesday the number of deaths among minors, while In addition, at least 265 injured minors have been counted.an estimate conditioned by the difficulties of evaluation in the areas occupied by Russian troops in Donbas, in Mariupol or in already liberated areas of the kyiv region.
The prosecution estimates the number of educational establishments damaged at 869, of which 83 would have been completely destroyed.
The death of children is one of the bloodiest faces of this conflict, in which 1,200 acts considered war crimes have already been documented in the kyiv region aloneUkrainian Interior Minister Denys Monastyrsky said today.
“This is about looting and crimes committed by orcs (as some Ukrainians call the Russians) on our territories,” the minister denounced on local television channels.
In response, The European Union could adopt a new package of sanctions against Moscow on Wednesday and wants a quick embargo on Russian oil and coalwhile on gas, his position is that we must prepare to do without imports, but in the longer term.
This was explained today by the French Secretary of State for European Affairs, Clément Beaune, for whom with these new sanctions “we increased the pressure on Russia”.
He explained that some, in sectors such as wood, cement or fertilizers, were already being prepared days before the massacres attributed to the Russian army became known, particularly in the city of Bucha, north of kyiv.
The position of some countries, and in particular Germany, is that they cannot do without Russian gas in the short term.
In the last 24 hours, the Russian Army has launched 54 attacks against the city of Kharkov and its region, in eastern Ukraine, which have resulted in at least six deaths and eight injuries. of varying consideration, the Ukrainian army denounced on Tuesday.
Previously, Oleksiy Arestovych, one of the advisers to the Ukrainian Presidency, assured that the Russians had lost part of their offensive potential and were now staffing and redeploying and regrouping their troops in an attempt to continue the offensive on besieged Mariupol in the south and in the Kharkiv region.
“In the rest of the sectors of the front, the enemy has been stopped, especially in the kyiv, Sumy regions and in almost the entire Chernigov area”, which until now had been heavily punished by the Russian Army since it invaded the country. on February 24, the advisor specified.
Arestovych and other Ukrainian military commanders maintain that the new Russian offensive will be directed, from now on, to control the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.the self-proclaimed independent republics recognized by Russia, which controls them de facto.
According to Arestovych, quoted by the local agency Interfax-Ukraine, Russian losses already total 647 tanks, 1,844 armored combat vehicles and 330 artillery systems, as well as 147 planes and 134 helicopters.
For its part, the Russian Defense Ministry said today that its troops destroyed a training center for Ukraine’s special operations forces that was also allegedly used to house foreign mercenaries.
The attack occurred overnight in the port city of Ochákiv, in the Mykoláiv region, in southern Ukraine, defense spokesman Igor Konashénkov said in his morning military report.
Russian troops also continued with their strategy of disabling fuel depots in Ukraine, in an attempt to cut off supplies to the Ukrainian forces.
Expulsion of Russian diplomats
Russia promised on Tuesday to respond to the wave of expulsions of its diplomats from European Union (EU) countries after that measure was announced today by the Italian and Danish authorities.
“Russia will give the corresponding answer,” Russian Foreign Affairs spokeswoman Maria Zajárova told reporters.
Zakharova made this statement after Rome will announce the expulsion of 30 diplomats from the Russian embassy for being a risk “to national security” and following the decisions that other European countries have made.
Italy thus followed the decision to expel diplomats who had already taken countries such as Denmark, Germany or France in these last few hours, although it has not yet communicated the deadlines for them to leave the country.
For its part, Denmark announced Tuesday that it will expel 15 Russian diplomats, whom it accused of acting as spies and being a risk to national security.