There are already 35 medications that cannot be found in Colombia, many more could run out
The National Institute for Food and Drug Surveillance (Invima) provided a new list in which it recorded alerts of medicines out of stock in the country. According to the data, in September the study was applied to 245 medicines and it was found that 35 of them are not available.
Since the beginning of 2023, alerts have been issued about this panorama, even in the middle of the year the Colombian Association of Comprehensive Medicine Companies (Acemi) revealed a study in which it indicated that 1,200 active ingredients were out of stock in Colombia.
Now you can follow us on our WhatsApp Channel and in Google news.
Month after month, the number of medications that are being monitored for possible shortages has increased. While in the July report there were 235, for the month of September it increased to 245.
- Abacavir oral solution 20 mg/ml.
- Megestrol acetate tablet 40mg and 160mg.
- Acyclovir eye ointment 3g.
- Carboplatin lyophilized powder to reconstitute into injectable solution 150 mg/vial (15 ml).
- Clomiphene Citrate Tablet 50mg.
- Cladribine solution for injection 2mg.
- Chloroquine tablets 100mg and 150mg.
- Potassium chloride solution for injection 0.1 meq/ml 0.2 0 meq/ml 0.3 meq/ml 0.4 meq/ml 2 meq/ml 10% (1,341 meq/ml).
- Desmopressin Nasal Spay 0.1mg/ml10mcg/inhalation 0.1mg/ml equivalent to 80mcg/ml Sublingual solution 0.4mg disposable tablet 120mcg.
- Dorzolamide ophthalmic solution 20mg - TQ DORZOLAM.
- Norethisterone Enanthate 50mg + Estradiol valerate 5mg injectable solution.
- Epirubicin lyophilized powder to reconstitute into solution for injection 50 mg/vial (25 ml).
- Conjugated Estrogens Vaginal Cream 0.625mg/g.
- Estradiol topical gel 0.06g/100g.
- Hydralazine injection solution 20mg/1ml tablet 25mg and 50mg.
- Specific immunoglobulins that neutralize the venom of the species Micrurus dumerilii, micrurus mipartitus, micrurus isozonus and micrurus surinamensis. Injectable solution 2mg/10ml.
- Recombinant Human Interferon Gamma-1-B injection solution (Equivalent to 2000000 IU).
- RL Asparaginase – Spectrila 10000U/1U.
- Lamivudine+Nevirapine+Zi dovudine tablets 150mg/250mg/300mg.
- Lamivudine+ zidovudine+Abacavir tablets 150mg/300mg/300mg.
- Lidocaine+Epinephrine 1% Lidocaine+epinephrine 2% injectable solution 200mg + 50µg / Ampoule (10mL) 20mg + 5µg / mL 20mg + 0.0125mg / mL 20mg + 0.02 mg / mL 20mg + 0.01 mg/ mL 50µg / Ampoule (10mL) 10mg + 5µg/mL.
- Lopinavir and Ritonavir oral solution 20 mg + 80 mg/ml.
- Melphalan tablets 2mg/1ml and injectable solution 10mg/1ml.
- Metformin + Glibenclamide tablets 500mg/5mg.
- Metformin +Saxagliptin tablet 1000mg/2.5mg 1000mg/5mg.
- Metoprolol Succinate tablets 50 and 200mg.
- Nifedipine tablets 10mg.
- Ondansetron coated tablet 8mg.
- Oxycodone tablet 10mg - 20mg and 40mg injectable solution 10mg/ml.
- Pancreatin granules equivalent to: 5000 PH EUR units. Lipase 3600 units PH EUR. Amylase 200 units PH EUR. Protease.
- Pipotiazine 25 mg sl injection.
- Somatropin Injectable solution 6mg/1.03ml (5.83mg/ml) 10mg/1.5ml (6.7mg) 15mg /1.5ml (10mg).
- Vaccine Streptococcus Pneumoniae Type 12F / Pneumococcus Antigens.
- Purified Polysaccharides Injectable solution.
- Vigabatrin tablet 500mg.
- Cyproterone acetate tablet 50 mg.
- Polyacrylic acid sterile intraocular gel 200mg.
- Human Albumin Injectable Solution twenty%.
- Alprostadil Injectable solution 500mcg/ml.
- Amoxicillin/Clavulonate oral suspension 400mg/57ml - 600mg/42.9ml.
- Sodium Bicarbonate Injectable Solution 1meq/Ml/10 Ml.
- Bosentan tablet 125mg.
- Erythropoietin sterile powder to reconstitute into injectable suspension 2000 IU and 4000 IU
- Human normal immunoglobulin injection solution 5% (50mg/1ml).
- Insulin Degludec solution for injection cartridge 100U/ml.
- Ioversol injectable solution 300mg/ml - 320mg/ml and 350mg/ml.
- Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate hard capsule 30 mg.
- Metoprolol Succinate tablet 25 and 100mg.
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen) oral solution 150mg/5ml 250mg/5ml 3.2g/100ml Drops 100mg/ml.
- Quetiapine tablet 25mg - 50mg - 100mg - 150mg - 200mg - 300mg and 400.
- Riluzole Tablet 50 mg.
- Sultamicillin 250mg/5ml (50mg/mL) powder to reconstruct oral solution.
- Technetium 99.
From Invima it was confirmed that for medicines that are out of stock or at risk of shortage, a action plan in which it will develop strategies such as "prioritization of the procedures associated with the health registry, one-time importation, the declaration of the medicine as "vital not available", as long as it complies with those established in the Decree 481 of 2004 and other therapeutic alternatives available on the market.”
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- Celebrities11/12/2023Save $200 On This Convertible Bag From Kate Spade
- Celebrities11/12/2023Golden Globes 2024 Nominations: Taylor Swift and More Snubs, Surprises
- Celebrities11/12/2023Siboldi affirms that it would be a pride to beat Chivas and América in a Final
- Celebrities11/12/2023See Jennifer Lawrence and More Stars React to Golden Globe Nominations