This Saturday, September 30, 2023, a duel between undisputed champions will be witnessed for the first time, where the Mexican Saúl 'El Canelo' Álvarez will present his four super middleweight titles against the American Jermell Charlo in the main event that will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- YOU MAY BE INTERESTED: young soccer player threatened to jump off a bridge
'Canelo' will expose for the third time his WBO (World Boxing Organization), WBA (World Association), WBC (World Council) and IBF (International Federation) titles against a Charlo who agreed to fight two categories above his own to fight with the Mexican media star.
One factor that may work in Álvarez's favor is Charlo's recent inactivity. The Louisiana fighter, also 33 years old and six centimeters taller than his rival, has not entered a ring since he defeated the Argentine Brian Castaño in May 2022, winning the last super welterweight belt he was missing (154 – 69.8 kilograms).
The fight is scheduled for super middleweight (168 pounds – 76.2 kg) and for 12 rounds.
THE COMPLETE CARD OF 'EL CANELO' ÁLVAREZ VS JERMELL CHARLO:
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Jermell Charlo, for the IBF, WBA, WBO and WBC super middleweight titles. The winner will also take the Puebla 2023 belt.
- Yordenis Ugas vs. Mario Barriosat stake the WBC interim welterweight title over 12 rounds.
- Jesus Ramos Jr vs. Erickson Lubinsuper welterweight to 12 rounds.
- Elijah Garcia vs. Armando Resendizmedium weight.
I bring the action in the ring, Netflix brings the action on screen | I am the champion and Netflix brings the action. See you Saturday -#TheActionIsOnNetflix #NobodyHitsLikeNetflix pic.twitter.com/ym1IbJ3PAN
— Canelo Alvarez (@Canelo) September 28, 2023
Copyright law strictly prohibits copying Excelsior materials in whole or in part without first obtaining written permission and without including a link to the original text.