Search for missing teens culminates in gruesome discovery of 7 bodies in Oklahoma
Photo: Darren Hauck/Getty Images
Two teens who went missing over the weekend in rural Oklahoma have been found dead On Monday afternoon, their bodies were discovered along with their alleged captor, in addition to four others that have not yet been identified.
According to police reports, An Amber Alert was sent out after Ivy Webster, 14, and Brittany Brewer, 16, went missing. They were deemed "at risk" and believed to be with a convicted rapist, 39-year-old Jesse McFadden.
Authorities' worst fears were realized later in the day, with the Okmulgee County Sheriff's Office confirming the deaths of the teens, whose bodies were found on a rural property in Oklahoma.
However, it was an even greater discovery, since another of the bodies appeared to be that of Jesse McFadden, 39, designated as the main suspect in the disappearance of the girls, said Okmulgee County Sheriff Eddy Rice,
McFadden was a registered sex offender who was supposed to go on trial Monday, May 1, in Muskogee County.
He was charged in 2017 with using a contraband cell phone in prison to send sexual messages to a teenage girl.
He was in prison at the time after being convicted of rape in 2003 in Pittsburgh County.
Following the find, Rice said she had "no idea" what led to the deaths. She said it was "a tragic day in Okmulgee County."
• Sandstorm in Illinois leaves 6 dead and dozens hospitalized after multiple crashes on the highway
• Drunk driver rams newlyweds' car; kills girlfriend and leaves husband in critical condition
• Arkansas woman charged with selling stolen body parts for $11,000
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- Celebrities23/09/2023Children cover their 'El Bogueto' notebooks and he signs them
- North America23/09/2023MARYLAND: Wage and tips for restaurant workers
- Latin America23/09/2023Barbie and Ken arrive to celebrate the Day of the Dead
- World News23/09/2023Millonarios achieved a 2-1 home victory against Huila