The ideal combination of hybrid-electric driving, powerful performance, SUV functionality and chiseled good looks continues with the 2024 RAV4 Prime just introduced by manufacturer Toyota.
With 302 combined net horsepower, the 2024 RAV4 Prime is one of the fastest models in the Toyota lineup, with a 0-60 time of just 5.5 seconds.
Plus, this RAV4 Prime offers the best of both worlds thanks to its plug-in hybrid electric vehicle powertrain. As a result, it can be driven as an efficient hybrid on long trips and as an emissions-free daily commuter. carbon with an estimated range of 42 miles in its electric-only mode.
Available in a variety of SE or XSE grades, the RAV4 Prime features seating for five and exciting amenities like heated and ventilated front seats and available heated rear seats.
Likewise, it has a look to match with five paint options and the XSE grade enhances the sporty appearance thanks to the addition of features such as available two-tone exterior colors, 19-inch alloy wheels and red-painted shock absorbers.
This model is expected to arrive in limited quantities at Toyota dealers by the end of the year.
Toyota hybrids have demonstrated high performance with low fuel consumption for years, and the 2024 RAV4 Prime maintains that reputation.
- Indeed, with an advanced gasoline-electric powertrain, it offers the power that drivers crave while offering a smooth and comfortable ride.
- It uses an upgraded version of the RAV4 Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) gasoline engine.
- It produces the same 176 horsepower, but combined with two electric motors the total system power is equivalent to 302 horsepower.
- When the lithium-ion battery runs out, it can be plugged in to recharge.
- No special equipment is needed for home charging, simply plug the RAV4 Prime into a standard household outlet using the supplied cable.
- And if you can't plug it in, that's okay, the RAV4 Prime will still function as an efficient hybrid.The RAV4 Prime offers EV, HV/EV Auto, HV and Charge hybrid system operating modes.
When in EV mode, it will drive like any battery electric vehicle, relying solely on its built-in battery to power the vehicle.
When in HV/EV automatic mode, the vehicle optimizes the use of the two built-in powertrains. In this mode, you'll automatically rely more on your electric-only capability for city driving to save fuel and reduce emissions.
When faced with more demanding needs, such as climbing steep hills or higher speeds, the gasoline engine will kick in as needed and then seamlessly return to battery-only operation.