Phase I of environmental contingency continues in the Valley of Mexico
The Environmental Commission of the Megalopolis reported that Phase I of the atmospheric environmental contingency due to ozone continues in the Metropolitan Zone in the Valley of Mexico, in order to protect the health of the population from exposure to high levels of pollution.
The Mexico City Atmospheric Monitoring System indicates that the weather conditions for this day will continue to cause poor dispersion of ozone and its precursors, since the high pressure system persists that will generate moderate to strong atmospheric stability, average maximum temperature of 29 at 30 degrees, wind with weak intensity and variable direction for most of the day, in addition to intense and continuous solar radiation. These factors will lead to stagnation of pollutants and ozone formation leading to Poor to Very Poor air quality.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE POPULATION
- Avoid doing civic, cultural and recreational activities, as well as avoiding exercising outdoors between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Suspend any outdoor activity organized by public or private institutions, between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- It is recommended to postpone outdoor, sporting, cultural events or massive shows, scheduled between 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- It is recommended not to smoke, especially in closed spaces.
- Stay informed about air quality with the “Aire” App, on the website www.aire.cdmx.gob.mx, on twitter @Aire_CDMX or by calling 5552789931 ext. one.
It is recommended:
- Facilitate and continue remote work to reduce travel and online shopping and errands to reduce travel.
- Avoid the use of flavorings, aerosols, paints, waterproofing or products that contain solvents.
- Refuel after 6:00 p.m. and before 10:00 a.m.; do not add more fuel after the filler gun lock is released.
- Check and repair leaks in domestic gas installations.
- Reduce the use of fuels at home by shortening the shower time to a maximum of five minutes and when cooking, use containers with lids.
Restrictions on circulation in the Transport Sector
Tomorrow Saturday May 21ththey must suspend their circulation from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.:
- Vehicles for private use with verification hologram 2.
- Vehicles for private use with verification hologram 1
- Vehicles for private use with verification hologram “0 and 00”, gummed yellow, termination of license plate 5 and 6 .
- Vehicles for private use with foreign registration that do not have a vehicle verification hologram will be considered as hologram Two.
- Restriction to the circulation of 50% of the LP gas distribution units to stationary tanks that do not have a dry disconnection valve, whose license plate termination is PAIR.
- Local or federal cargo vehicles stop circulating between 6:00 and 10:00 a.m., with the exception of those that are in the CDMX or EDOMEX Self-Regulation Program.
- Taxis with a verification hologram “1” or “2” that must stop circulating in accordance with the provisions indicated in subparagraphs a) and b) will be restricted from circulating from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)