Don Goyo goes with everything! Release 156 exhalations and 386 minutes of tremor
In the recent 24 hours, 156 exhalations were detected in the Popocatepetl volcano, According to data provided by the National Center for Disaster Prevention (Cenapred), these have been accompanied by emissions of volcanic gases and sometimes ash.
Specialists do not stop monitoring the volcano because its activity is intense, although the volcanic alert traffic light remains on. Yellow Phase 2.
Together with the exhalations, 386 minutes of tremoridentifying segments from very low to low amplitude that in total added up to 379 minutes of high frequency and 7 minutes of harmonic.
In the morning, an impressive continuous emission of water vapor, volcanic gases and ash was observed, which dispersed towards the north-northeast.
Scenarios planned in Phase 2:
- Some explosions of smaller to moderate size
- Occurrence of tremor of variable amplitude
- Light to moderate ash rains in surrounding towns and in some more distant cities
- Ejection of incandescent fragments within the 12 kilometer exclusion radius
- The occurrence of lahars could be expected to come down the ravines, due to the accumulation of ash on the slopes and its interaction with the rains expected in the coming weeks.
- Possibility of pyroclastic flows that do not reach populations
Don Goyo, el Popo or the Popocatépetl volcano is located between the states of Puebla, Morelos and Mexico. It is located about 70 kilometers southeast of Mexico City.
It has an altitude of approximately 5,426 meters above sea level, which makes it the second highest volcano in Mexico, after Pico de Orizaba.
Popocatépetl is active, it has recorded multiple eruptions throughout history. The most recent activity began in the 1990s and has continued in the decades since. These eruptions have included the emission of ash, volcanic gases and pyroclastic flows.
IT IS MONITORED
For several years now, Popo has been under constant surveillance by the National Center for Disaster Prevention (CENAPRED), and monitoring systems have also been implemented to observe seismic activity, gas emissions and other indicators of volcanic activity.
WHAT DOES POPOCATÉPETL MEAN?
It is an indigenous name, it comes from Nahuatl and means "Human Mountain" or "Smoking Mountain". The volcano is part of the mythology and indigenous culture of Mexico and has been a source of inspiration for numerous legends and traditions.
VISITS TO THE POPO
The area surrounding Popocatépetl is located within the Iztaccíhuatl-Popocatépetl National Park, which protects not only the volcano but also the natural beauty of the region.
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- Celebrities01/12/2023López Obrador announces new shortlist for the SCJN
- Celebrities01/12/2023Rafa Nadal will return to play in January; 'the time has come'
- Latin America01/12/2023Manufacturing orders grew in October: Inegi
- World News01/12/2023Noche Crema 2024 tickets: prices and where to buy tickets to attend the presentation of the Universitario team