Comet Diablo approaches Earth, in the sky of Mexico
He Comet Diablo approaches Earth and the sky of Mexico will witness it of this celestial body that has an enormous size, three times larger than Mount Everest, the highest mountain on our planet.
According to the POTthis body is officially named 12P/Pons-Brooks and is defined by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a 'Halley' type comet.
Comet Diablo is called that way because, When seen from a swooping angle, its tail appears to be shaped like two horns. This celestial body is large, has a diameter of 30 kilometers and is cryovolcanic, which means that it is an extraterrestrial volcano composed mainly of water and ice, which is characterized by constant eruptions.
Diablo Comet in the sky of Mexico
Scientists have announced that Comet Diablo is approaching Earth and, according to estimates, will cross nearby on April 21, 2023, However, its closest approach will be two months later, on June 2.
That it is classified as 'Halley type' means that it approaches Earth approximately every 70 years.
In April 2024 it will be located just 117 million kilometers from the Sun, which will allow it to be observed when it passes over Mexico, United States and Canada.
Is it dangerous for it to pass near the Earth?
Although the nickname Devil's Comet usually scares people, scientists say that does not pose risks to the Earthis not dangerous, since its orbit will not cross ours, but rather will cross close by.
Due to its large size, the celestial body can be seen in 2024 without the need for instruments. Currently, they indicate that it can already be seen with telescopes.
- It was initially discovered in 1812 by Jean Louis Pons, who observed its brightness in the sky of Marseille, France.
- Then, William Robert Brooks revealed in 1883 that it was a periodic comet that visits the Earth at constant intervals.
- Its last appearance was in 1954.
- In April 2024 it will pass close to Earth, but its brightness will be brighter in June of the same year.
- The comet will not return near Earth until 2095
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- Celebrities30/11/2023Pro-Palestinian protesters break into the Rockefeller Center tree lighting in NY
- Celebrities30/11/2023O-Town's Ashley Parker Angel Shares Rare Look Into Her Private Life
- Celebrities30/11/2023Samuel García warns that PRIAN is not going to take over NL
- North America30/11/2023Electric vehicles are less reliable than conventional cars and trucks