Bus-truck crash in Canada leaves 15 dead, dozens injured
Photo: JP MOCZULSKI/AFP/Getty Images
At least 15 people died in a "massive casualty collision" that occurred on a highway in Canada and another 10 had been taken to hospitals with injuries.
The accident occurred on the Trans-Canada Highway between a truck and a bus near the town of Carberry in southwestern Manitoba, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
According to authorities, one of the vehicles was used to transport the elderly and people with physical disabilities, while crews mounted one of the largest emergency responses in history in the region.
The bus was struck by the truck as it was crossing the eastbound lanesbut there is no indication whether the unit had the right to leave the lane as the crash is still under investigation, said Superintendent Rob Lasson, the official in charge of RCMP Major Crime Services.
“This is a day in Manitoba and across Canada that will be remembered as one of incredible sadness and tragedy.Commanding Officer Rob Hill said at a news conference.
“For all those waiting, I can't imagine how hard it is not knowing if the person you love the most is coming home tonight. I am very sorry that we cannot provide her with the definitive answers that she needs more quickly,” she continued.
Meanwhile, a “code orange” was declared at local hospitals shortly after noon on Thursday, signifying a response to many victims.
Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted a message about the accident: “The news from Carberry, Manitoba is incredibly tragic. I am sending my deepest condolences to those who lost loved ones today, and I keep those injured in my thoughts. I can't imagine the pain those affected are feeling, but Canadians are here to help them."
• The disturbing images of the orange sky of New York due to the cloud of smoke coming from Canada
• Videos showed the “doomsday scenario” caused by the smoke that invades the northeast of the US.
• The map showing the smoke cloud that covers North America and generates a health alert for tens of millions of people.
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- World News30/09/2023Peru vs Chile: without Arturo Vidal, the 'red' squad list for the 2026 Qualifiers
- 🔥 War30/09/2023Sweden summons army and police chiefs amid wave of gang deaths
- Celebrities30/09/2023Kourtney Kardashian's Friends Deny Kim's Secret Group Chat Claim
- Celebrities30/09/2023RICA Corporation and OXXO inaugurate the First Training Center for Seniors in Morelos