Authorities in Puerto Rico intercept boat with 33 migrants on board
Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
A group of 33 migrants was detained this Thursday by the Puerto Rico Police when trying to reach the island through the coastal area of the northwestern municipality of Aguadilla.
The maritime unit of the United Rapid Action Forces (FURA) of Aguadilla detected the vessel about 12 miles (19 kilometers) from Punta Borinquen.
The yola, 30 feet long (about 9 meters), carried 29 men and 4 womenwhose nationality has not been disclosed, according to the police statement.
Those intervened were handed over on the high seas to Coast Guard personnel, who took charge of the crew and the vessel.
Yesterday, the Coast Guard repatriated 44 migrants to the Dominican Republicafter also intercepting the two boats in which they were traveling on the west coast of Puerto Rico, one of them near Aguadilla.
From October 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023, the Coast Guard has detained 1,473 migrants, mostly Dominicans, in the waters of Puerto Rico.
With information from Efe.
• Biden Administration increases investigation into labor exploitation of immigrant children
• The family of the 8-year-old immigrant girl who died in custody prepares a lawsuit against CBP and requested an autopsy
• 4-year-old immigrant boy who was thrown from the top of a San Diego border wall is stable
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- Celebrities03/10/2023Creators of the basis of the covid vaccine win the Nobel Prize in Medicine
- Celebrities03/10/2023What does it mean to dream about lice? Discover the interpretations of this common dream. [node:title]
- Celebrities03/10/2023Remittances, with an upward streak of 40 months
- Celebrities03/10/2023Nightclubs burned in Murcia operated without permits