Arturo Xicoténcatl-Obregón and Zenia qualify for the Olympics
The grandmaster Juan Carlos Obregón Rivero, from Nuevo León, and the IM Zenia Corrales Jiménez, from Mexico City, both 34 years old, achieved a position in the Mexican chess team that will represent us in the Olympiad in Budapest, Hungary. to be held in September 2024.
In relation to the criteria of the National Chess Federation of Mexico chaired by Mario Ramírez Barajas, the 25 best classified chess players of the Absolute National Championship that was held from Tuesday the 7th to Sunday the 12th in Los Pinos, form today the national Olympic preselection in both men as in women.
The Olympic team consists of four starters and one reserve. The places will be defined after completing a total of 30 games in international tournaments, based on performance and results in the tournaments. Fenamac reserves the right to choose a location.
Rivero Obregón (2,483) finished undefeated with 7 real points (+5. =4, -0) for a performance of 2,527 that earned him 7 Elo points. WMI Zenia Corrales, (2,149) sister of Fidel national champion of the 2007 Open in Aguascalientes, finished with 7 ½ (+7, =1, -0 against Tania Miranda, from Quintana Roo). Performance of 2,150 and +4 Elo points.
Final Classification of the Absolute National Championship of Mexico.
1) GM Juan Carlos Obregón, Nuevo León, 7 points. 2) IM Leonel Figueredo Losada, Nuevo León; 3) MF Julio César Díaz Rosas, Yucatán, 6; 4) GM Luis Ibarra, Yucatán, 6; 5) GM Juan Carlos González Zamora, Yucatán; 6) Gerardo Antonio García Álvarez, Guanajuato, 6; 7) CM Joshua Adrián Avila Rodriguez, Chihuahua, 6; 8) MI Luis Carlos Torres Rosas, Campeche, 6; 9) GM Gilberto Hernández Guerrero, San Luis Potosí, 6; 10) MI Oscar Sánchez Enriquez, Yucatán, 5 ½; 11) MF Carlos Sandoval Mercado, States of Mexico, 5 ½; 12) Edgar Froilán Luna Javier, Mexico City, 5 ½; 13) CM Juan Manuel García Almaguer, Jalisco, 5 1/2; 14) MF Javier Lozano Benítez, Mexico City, 5; 15) Iván Alonso Limón Olmos, Puebla, 5; 16) Yahir Francisco Cruz, Mexico City, 5; 17) Sergio Joshafatt Morales García, Mexico City, 5; 18) José Antonio García de Dios, Hidalgo, 5; 19) Moisés Omar García Nevárez, Sonora, 5; 20) Pablo Antonio Fernando Pozas, Nuevo León, 5; 21) Daniel Zinedine Leal Escamilla, Nuevo León, 5; 22) Juan Octavio Ruiz Pérez, Mexico City, 5; 23) Andrey González Zharíkov, Mexico City, 5; 24) Allan Martínez Castañeda, Chihuahua, 4 ½; 25) Jerónimo Real Pereyra, Yucatán, 4 ½.
1.Nd7! Nxd7 2.g8Q++. If 1...Nfxg6 2.Nd6++; 1...Kxg6 2.g8Q++; 1...Ke6 2.gxf8C++; 1...Nhxg6 2.Nd6++; 1...Nxh7 2.g8Q++.
Copyright law strictly prohibits copying Excelsior materials in whole or in part without first obtaining written permission and without including a link to the original text.
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- Celebrities28/11/2023John Mulaney Says He “Really Identified” With Late Matthew Perry
- Celebrities28/11/2023Without makeup / email@example.com / November 28, 2023
- Celebrities28/11/2023Jennifer Garner Marks Ex Michael Vartan's B-Day With Alias Pic
- North America28/11/2023Donald Trump to return to witness stand in civil fraud trial