Carlos J. Perez Garcia.
PStep by step, the idea of independent national states with their kings or princes, and their governed or lackeys crystallized in Europe. They tell us, mind you, that Niccolò Machiavelli had given shape more than 5 centuries ago to what rulers were already doing: conquering power and staying in it above all morals (I taught kings to be tyrants, but also peoples to get rid of themwrote the brilliant Florentine).
The bad experience we are living through today is far from being the first of its kind and can be resolved in favor of democracy and better government. Let's be optimistic, of course, but let's fight to achieve it in a practical way. It is not the same to do your best, to make it possible.
These days, listen, the article by JA Meléndez caught my attention, 10 hard truths (Reform/Business, July 7, 2023) on 7 crucial issues: 70 in total. Of those truths, I choose and refine about 40 that feel almighty, perhaps to cut them out or print them.
- On psychology and life: We suffer more with imagination than with reality; learn to see that reality, instead of running away from it.
- In order to transform whatever… for the worse: Surround yourself only with cheerleaders; rejects experts and best practices; destroy what works; execute the "there it goes"; never reconsider; push away or insult anyone who warns you that you are doing badly; talk without thinking; Feed your egocentrism.
- To succeed at anything: Never stop learning; recruit and embrace the best; motivate talent, not just with money; let the best idea win... not the boss's; learn to “fail well” (on time and derive lessons); rectify what needs to be rectified.
- About corruption: It is never finished by decree; the example counts, but it is not enough; if the possibility of being caught is much less than the benefit, there will be corruption; monopolies promote it; discretion promotes it; accountability diminishes it; darkness increases it and transparency reduces it; the roll is very cheap and does not impact, the actions are what matter; a corrupt person does not become honest because someone who believes himself to be pure says so; it is a contagious virus: corruption calls corruption.
- Of poverty: There are no shortcuts to remove it; direct supports help, but do not suppress it; good education for all for long periods is the way to bring it down; the generation of wealth does not collide with the fight against poverty; businessmen create jobs and have to join in facing it; the State becomes a bad businessman, and its role in the face of poverty is not to become one; a government that disdains the business community, promotes it; aspiring to improve becomes a key ingredient to reduce it; the rich should support this fight, not only with charity but also by paying taxes; permanent poverty destroys a country.
- About money: Enough, without obsessing; he is a false god (not the devil, as a president was taught); if you have a lot, he shares; he tries to spend less and save more; that does not use you, use it.
- Of the life: You reap what you sow; the example weighs more than the words; before speaking, listen and learn; choose your travel companions well; good affective relationships elevate you, loneliness kills; being busy does not mean being productive; happiness is enjoying the journey.
* MY PREVIOUS COLUMN HIGHLIGHTS about three dozen comparisons in which, without a doctorate, the engineer Xóchitl Gálvez devastates the doctor Claudia Sheinbaum in that the first could be more cool (23 points) or the second more unfortunate (12). Of course, all this can be analyzed and even discussed or verified in a democracy with consistent and respected women. It would also be possible to add others in which they are similar (aspiration, determination) or that Claudia surpasses Xóchitl (very few).
In the set, as candidacies that give us a good president, X far exceeds C and Amlo; Only Enrique de la Madrid and Beatriz Paredes are now approaching him. None of the other corcholatas appear here.
Meanwhile, the cowardly aggressiveness of fear of Xóchitl already angers many. It's insane cynicism.
The charge And now… appeared first in The Arsenal.
- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nathan Rivera, a dedicated journalist who has had the privilege of writing for the online newspaper Today90. My journey in the world of journalism has been a testament to the power of dedication, integrity, and passion.
My story began with a relentless thirst for knowledge and an innate curiosity about the events shaping our world. I graduated with honors in Investigative Journalism from a renowned university, laying the foundation for what would become a fulfilling career in the field.
What sets me apart is my unwavering commitment to uncovering the truth. I refuse to settle for superficial answers or preconceived narratives. Instead, I constantly challenge the status quo, delving deep into complex issues to reveal the reality beneath the surface. My dedication to investigative journalism has uncovered numerous scandals and shed light on issues others might prefer to ignore.
I am also a staunch advocate for press freedom. I have tirelessly fought to protect the rights of journalists and have faced significant challenges in my quest to inform the public truthfully and without constraints. My courage in defending these principles serves as an example to all who believe in the power of journalism to change the world.
Throughout my career, I have been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for my outstanding work in journalism. My investigations have changed policies, exposed corruption, and given a voice to those who had none. My commitment to truth and justice makes me a beacon of hope in a world where misinformation often prevails.
At Today90, I continue to be a driving force behind journalistic excellence. My tireless dedication to fair and accurate reporting is an invaluable asset to the editorial team. My biography is a living testament to the importance of journalism in our society and a reminder that a dedicated journalist can make a difference in the world.
- Celebrities27/09/2023Cher Accused of Hiring 4 Men to Kidnap Her Son Elijah Blue Allman
- Celebrities27/09/2023Bed bugs and the latent risk of Chagas transmission
- Celebrities27/09/2023Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce Crowned "American Royalty" by NFL Analyst
- Celebrities27/09/2023Montserrat's boyfriend had already been denounced before for being violent